Careers Page | Opportunities
Positions that we offer at Bay City Property Service, Inc. are listed below. We may or may not be hiring but we are always taking applications. We advertise our positions on Indeed when they are available, so be sure to check there often.
Commercial and Janitorial Cleaning Specialist Tasks:
- Clean building floors by sweeping, mopping, scrubbing, or vacuuming them.
- Gather and empty trash.
- Service, clean, and supply restrooms.
- Clean and polish furniture and fixtures.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors, using soapy water or other cleaners, sponges, and squeegees.
- Dust furniture, walls, machines, and equipment.
- Mix water and detergents or acids in containers to prepare cleaning solutions, according to specifications.
- Steam-clean or shampoo carpets.
- Strip, seal, finish, and polish floors.
- Drive vehicles required to perform or travel to cleaning work, including vans, industrial trucks, or industrial vacuum cleaners.
- Follow procedures for the use of chemical cleaners and power equipment, in order to prevent damage to floors and fixtures.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Notify managers concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Requisition supplies and equipment needed for cleaning and maintenance duties.
- Set up, arrange, and remove decorations, tables, chairs, ladders, and scaffolding to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings
Residential/House Cleaning Specialist Tasks:
- Clean rooms, hallways, lounges, kitchens, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, and other areas according to Bay City Property Service, Inc. cleaning standards.
- Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
- Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
- Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
- Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
- Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
- Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings
Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
- Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items
- Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
- Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
- Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
- Dust window blinds
- Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
- Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
- Run errands such as taking laundry to the cleaners and buying groceries.
Position Requirements: We require candidates to be able to perform the tasks specified for the desired position. We also require at least 2 years previous professional experience in the desired position. If you feel you match all the requirements please feel free to apply below, we would love to have you on the team!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Bay City Property Service, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. EEOC Website.